Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rihanna; Yeah, She's COOL!

I Am For The People!: Celebrities

And, I'm totally not being sarcastic people. I really like Rhianna. I think she has paid her dues to show that she is here to stay. One thing I really admire about Rhianna is that fact that she was able to survive the Beyonce Haze. And what I mean by this people, if we don't know, Beyonce is the only urban/r&b/pop princess in this day that maintains her standing in all that she does. Key word, being POP... as in Popular. Rhianna was able to stand her ground during this Beyonce Era to claim her place as one of the top Musical Artists today.
Even though in the beginning, she was almost casted off as a B* wannabee with 'Pon De Replay' I think the only thing saving her was her heavy Barbadian accent. With some quick thinking by genius Jay-Z to put out another album only 7 months after her first album was released, she crossed over to Pop with 'SOS'. Once they let Rhianna be herself, something amazing took place. People took notice that she wasn't in fact like anyone at all. She was actually quite different from those whom she was being compared to.
Her style is immaculately odd, and I truly love her for that. She is someone who I'd consider one of the top trendsetters in the industry. In fashion, lifestyle, and music she brings the masses into her world of something new, always. So, since talking about something new and in true Rhianna fashion, I have to say, it took me at least 2 or 3 times to like this song... and now I LOVE it! I want you all to take a look at her video for "Disturbia". Yes, the song does take some getting use to, so take it for what it is. IT is something new, something different, and it ROCKS! Stop hating on Rihanna! Oh, and btw, who the hell does her marketing? One smart cookie, check out the video to see what I mean! I guarantee this song will be one hot banger well through November.

No comments: