Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And The Award For Hip Hop's New Catch Phrase Goes To...

I Am For The People!: Music

"It ain't trickin' if you got it" !! !!

Weezy, Nas, T.I., Jay-Z, Kanye, and probably many, many others have used this phrase in their rhymes. I always notice music's trends. At first I'm like, please, it's still trickin'. But after hearing this street slang for a bona fide Bonita over and over again, used in many different ways, it got me thinking... is it still trickin' if you actually do in fact, got it?
On this one, I'm going to have to totally agree with the boys. What a lot of regular folk don't understand is that a man, who actually in fact has it, has no problem spending it or giving it to a woman; and the same goes for women with money. It's like a thank you for being this beautiful. Now I am not condoning prostitution, but come on people; is it a crime to accept gifts from someone you like, knowing that it is only going to go through the bedroom door? Of course limo doors, expensive restaurant doors, and retail doors will be involved, but, is that wrong people?
Like I said, I'm going to agree with the fellas on this one. Mainly because of the barter system. You got what I need, I got what you need, let's get together and give each other what we need. And let's not forget the famous whore phrase, You gotta use what you got, to get what you want. True, so very true. ☻

No comments: