Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HISTORY! OUR HISTORY! I♥ My Country!!!

I want to blog about this people, but I am afraid that there are no words is the human language to explain what I am feeling. Universally I can feel the love of what is going to happen today. Inside I am smiling brightly, wide, big... I am smiling so much on the inside that my cheeks hurt on the outside. Today is a much anticipated event that I don't think is overdue; I think the time is now, and that is why it is happening now! We are going to have a BLACK President y'all! Some of you might not know how monumental this is. My grandparents could not even look at a white person when they walked down the street. My parents weren't allowed to go to school with white people earlier in their school career, and today, White, Black, Asian, Spanish, Indian and the rest have already come together to take part in what is probably going to be one of the biggest historical events in history today!
Growing up as a young Black American in the United States, I was able to see and live the changes that made today possible. I was able to see and live how Black people were repressed and how it was so hard for us to attain a dream we had in mind simply because we are black. Today is monumental!!! This right here is a perfect in your face example of how we all have changed as the human race. Because this isn't all about the United States of America, globally we are celebrating something that we know is going to change our futures for the better indefinitely!
Now all of you know that I am not into politics so when Obama was voted for our President-Elect, I glorified by myself so no one could see me... mainly because I wanted to keep that moment to myself, to humble myself for the things that I know in my heart that are sure to come. Worldwide, I can feel the hum of a strong positive energy that lights my insides up. Sounds funny, but every time I think about it, I feel strong, bright and honored to be a Black American in this day to actually see for myself the power of change and what it will do for us Universally as a whole. We all know this isn't going to be easy, but we already took a huge step outside of the box, and leaped off the edge to land in a bed of roses! Tupac said it once, but at that time he was right; we weren't ready to see a Black President. But today my people, TODAY WE WILL!!!!

No comments: