Monday, March 14, 2011

Drake And J. Cole...Doppelgangers?

You know, I wasn't always a J. Cole fan. I actually thank my ex-job for introducing me to his music. I was given a JC mixtape 'Friday Night Lights' and that was when it happened; I became J. Cole's # 1 fan. Weeks and weeks went by and I got to thinking, why wasn't anyone talking about him? Why do I only know him through that Miguel song? I think his verse in that 'All I Want is You' song did JC no justice as to the type of rapper he really is; Dude is remarkable.

So then it dawned on me...Drake!! OMG, Drake, I love Drake. Who doesn't love Drake?  J. Cole has got to be Drakes doppelganger! Both guys equally talented, swagger for days, and they kind of look a like when they are next to each other. They have similar flows, but Drake seems to be on the other side of the tracks. Drake is like the high school football player and J. Cole is on the chess team. Can you get a scholarship to college for chess?... Maybe, but highly unlikely. JC is potentially one of the best things out right now, he just has to work harder for it. As opposed to the high school football star (eh em... Drake) that just has to play football, C's are a qualifying grade, right?
Please don't get me wrong. I love Drake... he is multi talented. He payed his dues in a different form. He was a TV star growing up. To cross over and become one of the most famous rappers out here is a one in a million shot. I think he has luck on his side and deep deep down down down he knows it, and is truly grateful for it.

 J.Cole, Drakes doppelganger, on the other hand has made it too, in a different way. But still he has to try harder. I know I am not the only one who notices something in J.Cole, I mean the boy is working with some of the best out there. I know trends, I notice things from the inside out. It's just a matter of time for the public to really catch on and really get it. One of my favorite JC songs: "Blowing UP" Listen here: http://www.djbooth.net/index/tracks/radio/j-cole-blow-up/    ♫Bitch I'm about to BLOW UP♪♫

No comments: